Here are last year’s top 10 posts on this blog (according to my stats page) in case you missed them. You’re welcome.
- I am now on Royal Holloway’s register of approved proofreaders I reach the heady heights of approved-proofreader status.
- Split infinitives Use them.
- ‘I.e.’ and ‘e.g.’ are not interchangeable They do not mean the same thing.
- ‘Its’ and ‘it’s’ Its is a possessive pronoun – no apostrophe needed.
- Punctuation..? by User Design An author asked me to review their book on punctuation.
- Paragraphs I ask writers to use paragraphs. Please.
- Homophones The summary post for my series on words that sound the same.
- Defenestration An interesting word.
- Ending a sentence with a preposition Do it.
- Proofreading advice: take a break Advice to help writers spot errors.
If there were any posts you particularly liked, I’d love to hear from you.
I hope the new year is treating you well, and I hope you will join me for many more posts to come!