I am a freelance professional proofreader based in the UK.
I work with publishers, authors, students and professional individuals. I also provide proofreading services for business communications and marketing.
I can mark up your project using British Standards Institution (BSI) marks or in an alternative fashion as appropriate.
Here are the reasons you can be confident in my services:
- I trained as a proofreader with the Publishing Training Centre (PTC) and qualified with a high merit. This means I have been rigorously assessed by an institution that is respected throughout the publishing industry. You can confirm my qualification by checking my listing in the PTC’s Freelance Directory.
- I am a professional member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) and follow their Code of Practice.
- I have successfully completed the SfEP’s Proofreading 2: Progress training course and the SfEP’s mentoring scheme. I have also taken the PTC’s Basic Proofreading: Digital Skills and Grammar at Work courses.
- I have passed the SfEP’s basic editorial test, which means I have proven my editorial competence.
- I am an approved proofreader for Royal Holloway, University of London.
- I studied politics at degree level at a top-tier UK university, graduating with first-class honours. I understand the standards required in academia.
- I have a strong background in customer service. I will always put you first.
- Some of my previous happy clients have left glowing reviews here. Or you can view testimonials and my portfolio on this website.
No job is too small. I proofread CVs, essays, letters, job applications, reports, articles, blog posts, manuscripts and many other texts.
The standard terms and conditions for projects that I undertake can be viewed on this website. You can also view my blog, where I regularly post content on topics from word meanings to book recommendations.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries. I look forward to hearing from you.