I bring you more homophones.
- a long, high-pitched plaintive cry; a long, high-pitched unpleasant sound
- to issue a long, high-pitched cry or sound
- a petulant complaint
- to whinge or complain.
- an alcoholic drink produced by the fermenting of grapes (usually with sugar and water)
- an alcoholic drink produced by the fermenting of other fruits and flowers (usually with sugar and water)
- a dark purplish-red colour.
You can wine and dine someone by offering them (usually lavish) drinks and a meal, or you can wine and dine as you enjoy yourself by eating and drinking.
Thank you to Jeff Curry for suggesting this post.