Descent and dissent are homophones that may just be a tad topical. It’s definitely worth knowing the difference.
- the act of moving downwards, falling or dropping; a decline
- the origin or background of a person (in terms of family or nationality)
- a sudden attack or unexpected visit (descent on)
- the holding or expression of opinions that differ from those commonly or officially held
- to hold or express opinions that differ from those commonly or officially held
My tip: to dissent is usually to disagree.