- an imperfection, mark or blemish
- a mistake or shortcoming in something that makes it invalid, causes it to fail, or reduces its effectiveness
- a fault or weakness in a person’s character.
- the lower surface of a room
- a storey of a building (rooms or areas on the same level)
- a flat bottom surface
- a minimum limit or level
- the part of a legislative hall in which members sit and debate is conducted
- the large central hall where trading takes place in a Stock Exchange
- to provide a room/area with a floor (or as an adjective e.g. ‘a marble-floored room’)
- to have the right to speak in a debate or discussion – ‘have the floor’
- to disconcert, baffle or defeat; to knock someone to the ground.